When & Where:
Saturday, March 21st, 2015
M Street Beach at the BCYF Curley Community Center in South Boston
11:00 am: Check-in and registration opens
11:45 am: Welcoming remarks
11:50 am: Costume contest and awards ceremony
12:00 noon: Group pictures
12:05 pm: Everyone SPLASHES in the water and the beach party begins
1:45 pm: Last call
2:00 pm: Warm-up party at L Street Tavern
Anyone can participate - and we hope you will
At 12 noon, "cupids" will dash and splash in the water to demonstrate their commitment to a clean Boston Harbor and to support their beach. Immediately following the splash, participants and their fans and friends will adjourn on the beach- to warm up and relax with a Harpoon beer.
Participants will raise funds to support Save the Harbor/Save the Bay and its Better Beaches program. Participants are encouraged to sport their finest “cupid” attire!
To register to participate, click the "register" button above. Each participant is asked to raise at least $25. To pledge a participant or team, click on the "donate" button. Funds raised will support free events and programs on our region’s public beaches. This site has tools that make it easy for participants to donate themselves, and to contact their friends to encourage them to give, and track pledges.
$20 Registration Donation includes:
- Harpoon Helps Gloves
- A chance to win a round-trip JetBlue ticket
- Beach Games
- Top 2 overall fundraisers each win a round trip ticket on JetBlue (must raise a minimum of $1,000)
- Best costume for male and female each win a round trip ticket on JetBlue*
- Everyone who makes a contribution (registration, donation or pledge) is entered in a raffle to win a round trip ticket on JetBlue*
- Everyone who raises at least $1,000 will be entered into the Elite Raffle to win a round trip ticket on JetBlue*
In addition to prizes above, if you raise:
- $100 or more, receive a Harpoon Helps T-shirt
- $250 or more, entered into a raffle to win Red Sox tickets and the T-Shirt
- $500 or more, entered into a raffle to win an overnight stay at a premier Boston hotel, as well as the T-shirt and Red Sox ticket raffle
- $1,000 or more, entered into the Elite Raffle to win a round trip ticket on JetBlue* and receive a Harpoon Hoodie, as well as the T-Shirt, Red Sox ticket raffle, and Boston hotel stay raffle
To qualify for prizes, each participant has to register, sign a release, fulfill their pledge and go into the water up to their knees, though we hope that everyone will actually take a quick dip in the cool, clean waters of Boston Harbor and Massachusetts Bay. You must also be in the group photograph, or in a photograph of yourself at the event. Please email your best photographs to email@example.com that weekend and/or post it to Save the Harbor's facebook page at:
These rules are subject to change without notice.
For information on volunteering or getting involved, please contact Save the Harbor at firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 451-2860 x1001.
*Travel vouchers are valid for any non-stop domestic flight departing from Boston Logan International Airport. Blackout dates and Terms and Conditions apply.